UIDAI now allows residents to check validity of any Aadhaar Number, you can easily track validity of any Aadhaar Number from UIDAI Online Portal. This feature to check Validity of Aadhaar Number allows resident to find out whether the Aadhaar Number issued is valid and not deactivated.
You can check validity of your Aadhaar Number or of your family members, to check validity all you need is the Aadhaar Number and nothing else. So below we have explained in a brief way on how to check the validity of Aadhaar Number.
Procedure on How to Check the Validity of Aadhaar Number
- To check the validity of Aadhaar Number keep your Aadhaar Number available with you and visit Aadhaar Verification Portal https://resident.uidai.gov.in/aadhaarverification
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhaar Number, enter the security code and click on verify button.
- If Aadhaar Number is active it will show a green tick mark and overview of the demographic details of Aadhaar holder.
- And if Aadhaar Number is inactive than it will show the Aadhaar Number does not exists.
That’s it this is how one can check the validity of Aadhaar Number.
If your Aadhaar is deactivated than you will have to follow below process to get your Aadhaar Number Activated.
How to Activate your Aadhaar Number
- Visit nearest Aadhaar Kendra with your Aadhaar and supported documents.
- Take Aadhaar Update/ Correction Form, fill in details asked in the form and enclose copy of your Aadhaar and supported documents.
- Submit the form with documents to the operator.
- The operator will update your details and take your biometrics.
- Once this is done you will be provided acknowledgement receipt.
- Your Aadhaar Number will get activated in 2 to 3 weeks.