Aadhaar has become very important document and must have document, without Aadhaar now a days almost all financial transactions are not possible.
However it is been said that if you don’t use your Aadhaar for continuous three years than it could get deactivated or inactive. So if you hold Aadhaar Card and still have not used for three consecutive years like for linking Aadhaar with Bank Account, Linking Aadhaar with PAN Card, Furnishing Aadhaar Details while claiming EPFO etc. than it could can get deactivated.
So in this post we will guide you out on How to check if Aadhaar Number is deactivated.
Procedure on How to Check if Aadhaar Number is Deactivated
- To check if your Aadhaar Number is deactivated just visit Official Aadhaar Portal Verify Aadhaar page https://resident.uidai.gov.in/aadhaarverification
- Just fill in your 12 digit Aadhaar Number in Aadhaar Number field followed by solve the security code image and click on verify button.
- On next page it will show you if your Aadhaar exists or it’s deactivated. If your Aadhaar is Activate than you will get to see result as you can see below in the image.
- That’s it this is how you can check if Aadhaar Number is deactivated.
In case if your Aadhaar Card is deactivated than to get it activated you will need to follow below procedure.
How to Make Aadhaar Activate if Deactivated
- In case if your Aadhaar Number is deactivated or inactive than you will have to visit nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Center with your Aadhaar Card and Supported Documents.
- You can find out nearest Aadhaar Centers by clicking here.
- You will have to ask for Aadhaar Update Form and Fill all the details asked in the form, alternatively you can even download Aadhaar Form by clicking here and take a printout.
- Once filling up the form, just submit the form with supported documents photocopies to the enrollment operator.
- Operator will feed in your details in Aadhaar Software and your biometrics will be verified like Fingerprints, and Iris.
- Make sure you have latest active mobile number updated with your Aadhaar.
- Once done you will have to pay nominal fee of Rs.25/- for the update done.
- Your Aadhaar will get activated in next 2 to 3 weeks.
As this process needs biometric verification you can get your Aadhaar Activated Online, you will have to visit Aadhaar Enrolment Center in order get it activated.