In our earlier post, we explained how you can place an order for Aadhaar Reprint on Official UIDAI Portal. But as discussed earlier once raising the request for Aadhaar Reprint within 5 working days your Aadhaar Letter gets printed and is dispatched via Speed Post, so again for delivery, it could take more 5 working days.
So during this process how you can check the status of your Aadhaar Reprint Request, and how to get the India Speed Post Tracking Consignment Number once your Aadhaar gets shipped, we will be going to discuss in this post.
On raising successful Aadhaar Reprint Request, you will be getting Acknowledgement Receipt for Aadhaar Reprint Order which would contain details like Payment Date and Time, SRN, Receipt Number, Transaction ID, your last four digits of Aadhaar Number, and Transaction Status showing a success message. So from all these details to track the status of your Aadhaar reprint request, SRN would be required and your 12 digit Aadhaar Number. So follow the below procedure in detail to track or check Aadhaar Reprint Request Status.
Table of Contents
Procedure to Check Aadhaar Reprint Request Status
- To check Aadhaar reprint request status you will need to visit official UIDAI status tracking page by visiting URL https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-reprint
- Once you reach this Check Reprint Status page, you will find 3 fields are they will be as follows:
- Enter SRN (this would be 28 digits number which was generated after placing reprint order, you can find it out in your Acknowledgement Receipt of Aadhaar Reprint Request)
- Enter UID (this is your 12 digit Aadhaar Number)
- Enter Security Code (here you will have to enter the text displayed in the above image)
- Once entering all these 3 fields correctly, just click on the submit button.
- Below you would be able to see the status of your Aadhaar Reprint Request.
- If you are tracking the status of your reprint request instantly or in 2 days of placing an order then it would show Payment Successful
- From 2 day onwards on tracking status, you would mostly see Request processed and sent for processing
- (The above status were as per my order, it might change from person to person)
- Once UIDAI Ships the Aadhaar Card, you will receive SMS from India Post containing the Speed Post Article Number, so by using that article number you can track the status of your letter where it has been reached.
The SMS of India Post would be in following format:
Aadhaar Letter has been booked on Date_____ via Speed Post Article No. ______ for tracking visit www.indiapost.gov.in
In my case, I placed request for Aadhaar reprint on 17th Jan 2019
So when I tracked status on the same day and next 2 days it was showing Payment Successful
From 3rd Day onwards it started showing Request processed and sent for printing
On 20th Jan 2019, I received SMS from India post that my Aadhaar has been booked and it also contained India Post Article Number.
When I tracked the consignment on India Post Website using article number provided, the letter was dispatched from Manipal Karnataka.
On 23rd Jan 2019, my Aadhaar Letter Reprint was delivered to me, and below are the images of it.
If you need help in tracking your Aadhaar letter once receiving SMS from India Post, then you can follow the below process.
How to Track Aadhaar Reprint Letter booked via Speed Post using Article Number
Once you receive SMS from India Post containing your, Aadhaar Letter Article Number then you can easily find out where your Aadhaar Letter has been reached.
So below is the process through which you can track your Aadhaar Reprinted Letter.
- To track your Aadhaar Reprint just visit India Post Website by following URL https://www.indiapost.gov.in
- On the homepage of India Post you will see the Track N Trace option, so in that field make sure the consignment option is selected and in below field enter consignment number, fill your Speed Post Article Number which you have received via SMS and solve the captcha code.
- Once entering these details just click on track now button and you will be able to see Event Details of article number that is where your letter has been reached currently.
That’s it this is how one can check Aadhaar Reprint Request Status.
FAQ’s on Aadhaar Reprint Request Status
What does request processed and sent for printing means?
Request processed and sent for printing means your request of reprint has been approved and it is being now sent for printing.