This process to Change or Update Mobile Number Registered with Aadhaar Card comes very handy when you are changing your existing registered mobile number, when your mobile number has been blocked/ lost/ suspended/ deactivated, when you don’t use existing mobile number anymore, when you don’t have existing mobile number with you any more etc.
So during such situations, you can change or update your existing mobile number registered with your Aadhaar Card by following this guide on How to Change or Update Mobile Number Registered with Aadhaar Card. Below is step by step procedure which will make you understand to Change or Update Mobile Number Registered with Aadhaar Card.
There used to be three methods with which an Aadhaar Holder could update their mobile number registered with Aadhaar. But out of these three methods, only one method works and rest two methods are discontinued by UIDAI.
You can now only update the mobile number registered with Aadhaar by submitting an update/ correction request from Aadhaar Seva Kendra. To update or change mobile number in your Aadhaar there is no requirement for documents to be submitted, without any documents you can update the mobile number in your Aadhaar.
So below is the complete process explained to get your mobile number changed or updated from your Aadhaar.
Table of Contents
Change or Update Mobile Number Registered with Aadhaar through Aadhaar Seva Kendra
To update the mobile number in your Aadhaar, visit the nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
You can even book an appointment online to get your update done quickly by skipping the queue
Walk into Aadhaar Seva Kendra, or if you have booked an appointment then visit the ASK during your appointment
Request for Aadhaar Update Form at the ASK
Fill up details asked in the form, and mention the new mobile number which you want to update in your Aadhaar
You will need to mention your 12 digits Aadhaar Number in the form which needs to be updated.
Submit the form to the verifier at ASK
The verifier will verify your form and will ask you to move to the desk of the operator
The operator will fill up your details with a new mobile number which needs to be updated in the Aadhaar Software
For confirmation, your fingerprints will be captured
You will be provided with Aadhaar Update Receipt on which your URN will be mentioned which can be used for future status tracking purpose
Your mobile number will get updated in your Aadhaar anytime between 1 day to 2 weeks.
So you need to have some patience and wait for your mobile number to get updated in your Aadhaar Card.
Once your mobile number gets updated in your Aadhaar you will be notified via SMS, and also you can download your updated Aadhaar which mentions your new mobile number on it.
So below are the two methods used to work in past to change or update mobile number registered with Aadhaar Card, but to submit mobile number change requests online the Aadhaar holder used to submit their existing mobile number available with them on which they can receive the one time password. Later on, the received OTP needs to be entered into the portal to login and to update their registered mobile number online. And if Aadhaar holder didn’t have the existing mobile number registered with Aadhaar Card available with them then they used to submit the update/ correction request through Aadhar Seva Kendra or by Post. So below are both methods just for your reference to know how the process used to work to change or update mobile number registered with Aadhaar Card Online and by Post.
How to Change or Update Mobile Number Registered with Aadhaar Card Online [Discontinued]
- To submit a request to change or update your existing mobile number registered with Aadhaar, from your web browser you will have to visit Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal by going //ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update.
- Once you are on the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal in the below form you will have to enter your Aadhaar Number, from below captcha text verification fill the text displayed in the image in below text field and click on Send OTP.
- On clicking Send OTP you will receive One Time Password on your existing mobile number, you will have to enter that One Time Password in enter received OTP field and click on the login button.
- Next, you will get navigated to data update request where you will have to select from the below-mentioned fields to update like Name, Gender, DOB, Address, Mobile Number and Email ID. As we want to update or change mobile number you will have to select a mobile number and click on the submit button.
- Next, you will be asked to enter the new mobile number which you want to link or register with your Aadhaar Card, so enter correctly valid mobile number and click on submit update request.
- On next page it will ask you to review the update, so review it and if everything is OK just accept “I confirm that I have read the instructions carefully and the information provided by me to the UIDAI and the information contained herein is true, correct and accurate.” And click on the proceed button.
- On the next page, you will receive a message showing Update Request Complete! Your update request has been successfully submitted, and it will also mention your Update Request Number (URN). You can print the update request acknowledgment file or download it on your computer, laptop, mobile, etc. for further reference and track the status of your update.
That’s it you have successfully submitted a request to change your existing mobile number registered or linked with your Aadhaar Card. Your mobile number will get updated in the next 10 to 15 days and you will also receive an intimation about the same on your new registered mobile number. And you can also check the status of your update by going here.
How to Change or Update Mobile Number Registered with Aadhaar Card via Post [Discontinued]
- To Change or Update Mobile Number Registered with Aadhaar Card via Post you will have to download the correction form by clicking here.
- Once you download the AADHAAR DATA UPDATE/CORRECTION FORM just take a printout and start filling it correctly, from the top option Field for Update/ Correction don’t forget to tick mark on mobile as you want to update or change your mobile number.
- Next in the below field, you will have to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number, then fill in your details like name, gender, address, pin code, mobile number, email, in block letters in both English and your local language.
- From the last option Document Details (Write Names of the documents attached. Refer Acceptable Valid documents) and enclose the document photocopies also don’t forget to self-attest the photocopies with your signature.
- Once you fill-up the form completely just review it once and put it in an envelope with photocopies of documents.
- On top of the envelope just mention “Aadhaar Update/” and below mention the address as follows.
Addresses For sending Update Request by Post:
Post Box No. 10,
Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad – 500034, India
Once you post the envelope, in a few days you will receive a confirmation message of update regarding your mobile number. This is how you can Change or Update Mobile Number Registered with Aadhaar Card via Post.