Aadhaar Card has gained importance day by day whether it might be to avail subsidies or any other purpose. Minor or major error in Aadhaar Card address could create problems, but same can be corrected or updated by using UIDAI Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). Aadhaar Card Address Change or Update also proves important when you have changed your address.
Using Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) you can not only update your Aadhaar Address but you can also update other demographic details such as Name, Age, Gender, and Date of Birth.
So now let’s get started with step by step tutorial on how to change address in Aadhaar Card Online as well as how to change address in Aadhaar Card Offline.
But before we get started with step by step tutorial on how to change address in aadhaar card let’s check out the requirements to change address in aadhaar card.
To submit request to Change or Update your Aadhaar Address, you will need address proof documents with your updated or correct address.
Below are the List of Supported Documents which you will need to Change Address in Aadhaar Card.
Supported Proof of Address (PoA) documents for Aadhaar Address Correction or Update:
Passport, Bank Statement/ Passbook, Ration Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months), Water Bill (not older than 3 months), Telephone Landline bill (not older than 3 months), Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months), Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months), Insurance Policy, Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead, Signed letter having photo issued by registered company on letterhead, signed letter having photo issued by recognized educational instruction on letterhead, NREGS Job Card, Arms License, Pensioner Card, Freedom Fighter Card, Kissan Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Card, Certificate of address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Certificate of address issued by village panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas), Income Tax Assessment Order, Vehicle Registration Certificate, Registered Sale/ Lease/ Rent Agreement, Address card having photo issued by departments of posts, caste and domicile certificate having photo issued by state govt., disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/ Administrations, Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months), Passport Spouse, Passport of Parents (in case of minor).
Step by Step Tutorial on How to Change Address in Aadhaar Card Online
If your mobile number is already registered with Aadhaar Card, they you can submit your request to Change Address in Aadhaar Card Online.
- Just visit Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) to Change or Update Address in Aadhaar Card by going https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Enter your Aadhaar Number, complete the text verification and click on send OTP button.
- You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number, enter the OTP received on your registered mobile in enter received OTP field and click on Login button.
- Once you are logged in to data update request, select address and click on submit button.
- On next page you will have to enter your address for update and click on submit update request, also confirm that local language is translated correctly.
- On clicking submit button, on next page you will get to review update, just accept “I confirm that I have read that instruction carefully and the information provided by me to the UIDAI and the information contained herein is true, correct and accurate” and click on proceed button.
- In next screen you will have to upload supported valid self-attested scanned copies of document proof in .jpg, .pdf, .tiff, .jpeg, or .png, formats but maximum size of the document should not exceed 2 MB.
- Upload the documents and submit it.
- On submitting on next screen you will have to make selection from BPO Service Provider, select any BPO Service provider which has good average request processing time and click on submit button.
- Once submitting documents you will get message your update request has been successfully submitted and you will also get Update Request Number (URN). You can print your Acknowledgement of Aadhaar Update request or even store it on your computer for future tracking purpose.
- You will be notified about your Change Address in Aadhaar Card through SMS.
Step by Step Tutorial on How to Change Address in Aadhaar Card Offline
If you’re mobile number is not registered with your Aadhaar Card you will not be able to request to Change your Address in Aadhaar Card Online. So in such case you can Change Address in Aadhaar Card Offline. So to change address in Aadhaar Offline follow the below steps.
- Download update/correction request form by CLICKING HERE.
- Print out the form and fill the form irrespective of the field/s for update/correction in block letters, don’t forget to mention mobile number as it is mandatory for update/ change in any of the fields as it may be used for verification by calling the applicant and the status of the Aadhaar Update Request will be notified by sending SMS on provided mobile number. Also do fill the details in local language in right hand side column of the Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form.
- Enclose any one Supported Proof of Address (PoA) document self-attested photocopy from the above Supported Proof of Address (PoA) documents for Aadhaar Address Correction or Update list.
- Put the form and document in an envelope, and send it to below address.
Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad – 500034, India
You will be notified about the Change Address in Aadhaar Card through SMS.