A user can book upto 6 train tickets per month from IRCTC Portal, but if you want to book some more tickets that is above 6 you will have to get your Aadhaar linked.
So in this post we will guide you out on How to Book Upto 12 Train Tickets in a Month by Linking Aadhaar Number.
Table of Contents
Steps on How to Book Upto 12 Train Tickets in a Month by Linking Aadhaar
To be able to book upto 12 tickets per month you and passengers should have Aadhaar Card. If you still don’t have Aadhaar Card than you can apply for one by visiting Aadhaar Enrolment Center near you.
So now let’s get started with the process of linking Aadhaar to your IRCTC profile to be able to book upto 12 train tickets per month.
Verify Aadhaar Number
- Just visit IRCTC Portal by visiting //www.irctc.co.in/eticketing/loginHome.jsf and login with your user id and password.
- From IRCTC Portal home screen just navigate to My Profile > Aadhaar KYC.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number in the field and click on send otp button.
- You would receive one time password on your Aadhaar registered mobile number.
- Enter received one time password via SMS in enter otp field and click on verify button.
- A message will be displayed saying KYC details have been updated successfully, please click register now link under IRCTC eWallet section and complete eWallet registration process.
- Just click on submit button to verify your KYC details.
- Your IRCTC Account will get successfully verified with your Aadhaar.
Add Passenger with Aadhaar Number
- From IRCTC Portal Homepage just navigate to My Profile > Master List.
- While you add new passengers in the Master List, you will have to enter complete and correct details of the passengers like Name, Date of Birth, Gender, and Aadhaar Number as per details mentioned in Aadhaar Card.
- Once entering all these details just click on submit button to add and verify Aadhaar Details.
- Passengers will get added in master list with verification status as pending, no OTP will be sent in case of passenger Aadhaar verification.
Once verifying Aadhaar Number and passengers Aadhaar number you can book more than 6 tickets per month select at least one Aadhaar verified passengers from the master list and add the passenger while booking the ticket. If you don’t have Aadhaar verified passenger in master list before making 7th ticket and onward in a month you will be not able to book extra tickets.
That’s it, this is how one can now book upto 12 train tickets in a month by linking Aadhaar.