There are numerous benefits of holding Aadhaar Card, as applying for Aadhar is voluntary you will not get your Aadhaar Card until you have enrolled for it. Aadhaar Card can be furnished as Proof of Identity and Proof of Address Document for almost all Government Schemes.
Aadhaar contains 12 digit unique number issued to each and every resident by Unique Identification Authority of India. The importance of Aadhaar is increasing day by day like to get LPG Subsidy under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBTL), Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, Atal Pension Yojana, subsidy for commodity products, Tribal Welfare Schemes, Wages under MNREGA Schemes for workers.
On other hand Aadhaar is not only important for adults but as well as for children’s, Aadhaar Number is asked to produce while school admissions, to avail scholarships, to appear for exams, while entrance exam registration etc.
Registering for Aadhaar is very simple process and any resident of India irrespective of age or sex can apply for Aadhaar Card. Aadhaar Card can be applied online as well as offline, the applicants will just have to submit Aadhaar Enrolment Application along with necessary supported documents.
So today in this post here we will guide you out on How to Apply Online Aadhar Card for Child.
Steps on How to Apply Online Aadhar Card for Child
Before we proceed with the process on how to apply online Aadhaar Card for Child, just prepare the documents by referring to below list of Documents Required for Aadhar Card for Child.
Birth Certificate of the Child
Aadhaar Details of Parents
Proof of Identity (PoI) documents of Child’s Parents:
Passport, PAN Card, Ration / PDS Photo Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, NREGS Job Card, Photo ID Issues by Recognized Educational Institution, Arms License, Photo Bank ATM Card, Photo Credit Card, Pensioner Photo Card, Freedom Fighter Photo Card, Kissan Photo Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Photo Card, Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts, Certificate of Identity having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT, Affidavit executed on non-judicial stamp paper to be submitted by a woman applicant for name change after marriage (Join affidavit to be submitted along with her husband with joint photo), Marriage Certificate, Proof of Marriage document issued by the registrar, gazette notification, legal name change certificate.
Proof of Address (PoA) documents for Child’s Parents:
Passport, Bank Statement/ Passbook, Ration Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months), Water Bill (not older than 3 months), Telephone Landline bill (not older than 3 months), Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months), Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months), Insurance Policy, Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead, Signed letter having photo issued by registered company on letterhead, signed letter having photo issued by recognized educational instruction on letterhead, NREGS Job Card, Arms License, Pensioner Card, Freedom Fighter Card, Kissan Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Card, Certificate of address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Certificate of address issued by village panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas), Income Tax Assessment Order, Vehicle Registration Certificate, Registered Sale/ Lease/ Rent Agreement, Address card having photo issued by departments of posts, caste and domicile certificate having photo issued by state govt., disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/ Administrations, Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months), Passport Spouse, Passport of Parents (in case of minor).
- So now you have idea which all documents which you will require to enroll your child for Aadhar Card, so now let’s begin with the process on How to Apply Online Aadhar Card for Child.
- Just prepare all the documents which we mentioned above and take photocopy of it.
- Self-attest with signature on photocopies of the documents.
- Download Aadhaar Card Registration Form for your Child by visiting Official Aadhar Card Registration Link.
- Take print out of this form, and start filling out the form with blue pen in block letters. You can also get this Aadhaar Enrolment Form for your Child from Aadhaar Enrolment Kendra Free of Cost.
- You will have to fill in all details asked in the form correctly like your Child’s Full Name, Fathers Name/ Mothers Name/ Guardian Name, Date of Birth, Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrolment Number Father/ Mother or Guardian, Address, Pin Code, etc.
- To Apply Aadhar Card for Child you will have to visit nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Kendra, there used to be feature to Book Appointment for Aadhaar Card Online but it is not available any more.
- So Now Apply Online Aadhar Card for Child is not possible also there is no official link to enroll your child online for Aadhaar Card as the applicant should be physically be present at Aadhaar Kendra, but you can find out nearest Aadhaar Card Kendra in your area by clicking here.
- Once you are aware about the nearest Aadhaar Center you can walk in to the Aadhaar Card Kendra with filled Aadhaar Card Application Form, Documents Copy, Aadhaar Copy of Parents or Guardian and your Child.
- Submit the form and photocopies of the documents to the verifier at the Aadhaar Kendra, if required the verifier might ask you for original documents for verification so accordingly you will have to produce it to them.
- Once verification of documents is done you will be asked to make your Child Sit on Chair for Aadhaar Enrollment near the Operator.
- Operator will fill in all the details in the software, you should make sure the details entered by operator are correct and he is not making any spelling mistake. If he is making any error entering your data of your child than ask him to correct it straight away.
- Once Details are entered, a photograph will be captured of your Child.
- If you child is below 5 years no biometrics details will be captured. And if the child is above 5 years, the biometrics details like fingerprints and iris will be captured.
- Depending on whose Aadhaar details you have provided in the form as Father/ Mother or Guardian, they will have to give their thumb impression.
- Once this is done you will be provided with Aadhaar Enrolment Acknowledgement Receipt, Aadhaar Card will be delivered to address in 2 to 3 months.
- Children’s below 5 years will need to get re-enrolled for Aadhaar with biometrics of ten fingers, iris and photograph once they complete 5 years of age. And again on attending age of 15 years they will have to get their biometrics updated from nearest Aadhaar Card Kendra.
That’s it this is how easily one can Apply Online Aadhar Card for Child.