Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is a scheme launched by Government in order to provide Free Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) for the families below poverty line. The main aim behind the launch of this Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) Scheme is to benefit those poor women families who cannot afford the basic necessity which is clean cooking fuel.
Clean Cooking Fuel that is LPG will keep these women’s health protected and will reduce casualties which would have occurred if they have used unclean fuels. Using LPG will also reduce pollution which would have been generated while using fossil fuels which does not burn properly.
Under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Free LPG Connections are provided by Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) to the women belonging to the below poverty line (BPL) households.
The scheme provides cash assistance to cover the cost of security deposit of cylinder, pressure regulator, cost of security deposit of cylinder, pressure regulator, cost of DGCC, Suraksha has and installation and administrative charges.
Information submitted in this KYC form will be verified against authorized list of BPL population available with OMCs.
On successful verification and confirmation of nonexistence of PDS LPG connection at your premises, LPG connection may be released to you subject to applicable terms and conditions.
So today in this article we will discuss on How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana with Aadhar Card and also will let you know the eligibility criteria to apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
Eligibility to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
If you want to apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana to get Free LPG than you should fulfill below eligibility criteria:
- The Applicant must be Women above 18 Years and Indian Citizen
- Household income of the family per month must not exceed certain limit mentioned by Government of India
- Applicant should hold or belong to Below Poverty Line (BPL)
- Applicant Name should be available in the list of SECC data
- Applicant must not have availed similar schemes in past
- The Applicant must not hold existing LPG Connection
If you fulfill the above eligibility criteria than you can carry with next step on How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana with Aadhar Card.
Procedure on How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana with Aadhar Card
The process to apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is very simple and there are no much documentation work involved in it.
- First of all to apply for Free LPG under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana you will have to get Ujjwala Application Form from any nearest LPG Distributor/ Outlets (note down that these Ujjwala Application Form are available free of cost, there is no need to pay for it) or else you can even download the Ujjwala Application Form Online from Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Official Website //www.pmujjwalayojana.com/download.html. Make sure you download both the Form that is Ujjwala Yojana Form and Ujjwala Yojana KYC Form.
- Remember that Women Applicant will have to fill in each and every details asked in the PM Ujjwala Application Form and Ujjwala Yojana KYC Form like full name, address, Jandhan Bank Account, Aadhaar Number etc.
- You will have to enclose documents to the form, below are the list of documents which are acceptable to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Scheme.
- Driving License
- BPL Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card
- Any utility bill like electricity/ water/ telephone (not more than 3 months)
- An authorized BPL Certificate by Municipality Chairman or Panchayat Pradhan
- Lease Agreement
- Possession letter or flat allotment
- Self-declaration that has been attested by a Gazetted Officer
- House Registration Documents
- LIC policy
- Bank/ Credit Card statement
- Just enclose copy of these documents to the form and paste a passport size photograph that was taken recently on PM Ujjwala KYC Form.
- Once your documents and form is ready you can submit it to nearest LPG Distributor/ Outlets.
- The connection will be issued by the Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) to the eligible beneficiaries after processing the application.
- In case the consumer opts for EMI, the EMI amount will be adjusted against the subsidy amount due to the consumer on each refill.
That’s it this this is how easily you can Apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana with Aadhar Card.