If you are from Maharashtra and planning to apply for Aadhaar Card, than this guide will supply good information to you on enrolling yourself or your family members for Aadhaar Card in Maharashtra. As Applying for Aadhaar was voluntary not much people were interested in applying for one, but after its rising importance now Applying for Aadhaar has become very essential.
So today in this guide we will explain to you on how to apply for Aadhaar Card in Maharashtra.
First of all before we start with the process on how to apply for Aadhaar Card in Maharashtra, you will have to find out nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centers in Maharashtra. So to find out Aadhaar Enrollment Center in Maharashtra near you follow the below guide.
Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centers in Maharashtra
Aadhaar Enrolment Centers are opened by Government in each and every district, sub-districts, village, town and cities across Maharashtra, so that residents can easily visit them and enroll their self or their family for Aadhaar Card.
Aadhaar Enrolment Centers are present in all districts of Maharashtra like Ahmadnagar, Akola, Amravati, Aurangabad, Beed, Bhandara, Buldhana, Chandrapur, Dhule, Gadchiroli, Gondiya, Hingoli, Jalgaon, Jalna, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai, Mumbai Suburban, Nagpur, Nanded, Nandurbar, Nashik, Osmanabad, Palghar, Parbhani, Pune, Raigarh, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara, Sindhudurg, Solapur, Thane, Wardha, Washim, and Yavatmal.
- Visit Aadhaar Enrolment Center Search page by going to https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/EAsearch.aspx
- Select State Maharashtra, Select district from which you belong to, then select sub-district, and then select your Village Town City, solve the captcha and hit on search button.
- This will list out all Aadhaar Enrolment Centers from your village or city.
- Note down the address of the enrolment center which is nearest from your location.
Steps on How to Apply for Aadhaar Card in Maharashtra
Now you know the nearest Aadhaar Center in your area, so now the next thing will be to be prepared for Aadhaar Enrolment.
- To take the Aadhaar Enrolment Simpler and Faster it will be better to get prepared for Aadhaar from home, you can get the Aadhar Enrolment Application Form at Center but you will end up spending more time at Aadhar Enrolment Center in filling up the form and for making the documents ready. So we will suggest you to download the Aadhaar Card Enrolment Application Form for Maharashtra by clicking here.
- Take the Printout of the Aadhar Enrolment Application Form and fill up the application form correctly.
- Once you have application form ready filled, prepare the documents below are the list of supported documents which you will have to furnish to apply for Aadhaar Card in Maharashtra.
Supported Proof of Identity (PoI) documents:
Passport, PAN Card, Ration / PDS Photo Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, NREGS Job Card, Photo ID Issues by Recognized Educational Institution, Arms License, Photo Bank ATM Card, Photo Credit Card, Pensioner Photo Card, Freedom Fighter Photo Card, Kissan Photo Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Photo Card, Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts, Certificate of Identity having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT, Affidavit executed on non-judicial stamp paper to be submitted by a woman applicant for name change after marriage (Join affidavit to be submitted along with her husband with joint photo), Marriage Certificate, Proof of Marriage document issued by the registrar, gazette notification, legal name change certificate.
Supported Proof of date of birth documents:
Birth Certificate, SSLC Book/ Certificate, Passport, Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Office on letterhead.
Supported Proof of Address (PoA) documents:
Passport, Bank Statement/ Passbook, Ration Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months), Water Bill (not older than 3 months), Telephone Landline bill (not older than 3 months), Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months), Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months), Insurance Policy, Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead, Signed letter having photo issued by registered company on letterhead, signed letter having photo issued by recognized educational instruction on letterhead, NREGS Job Card, Arms License, Pensioner Card, Freedom Fighter Card, Kissan Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Card, Certificate of address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Certificate of address issued by village panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas), Income Tax Assessment Order, Vehicle Registration Certificate, Registered Sale/ Lease/ Rent Agreement, Address card having photo issued by departments of posts, caste and domicile certificate having photo issued by state govt., disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/ Administrations, Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months), Passport Spouse, Passport of Parents (in case of minor).
- Take photocopies of the documents and self-attest on those photocopies of documents, enclose the documents to your form and take originals along with you as it may be asked for verification at Aadhaar Enrolment Center.
- Walk into the Aadhaar Enrolment Center which you located and submit up your form and photocopies of the documents.
- The Operator at Aadhaar Center will start filling up your details in the software, you should ensure that the operator is not making any mistakes while entering your details if operator has made any mistakes in spelling ask him to correct straightaway.
- Next your photograph will be captured and your biometric data like fingerprints and iris will be captured.
- Once enrolment is done you will be issued Aadhaar Enrolment Acknowledgment Receipt which you will have to keep carefully with you as it is only one document which will allow you to track status of your Aadhaar Application.
That’s it you have now been enrolled for Aadhaar Card, your 12 digit UID Number will be issued to you in next 2 to 3 weeks and regarding it you will be also informed on your registered mobile number.
And in next 2 to 3 months you will receive your Aadhaar Card Hard Copy via India Post on your Residence Address.
This is how any residents can apply for Aadhaar Card in Maharashtra.