The importance of Aadhar Card is growing day by day, and holding Aadhaar Card has become mandatory as it is been asked while availing various products and services. So in this article we will be going to discuss on topic on how to apply for Aadhaar Card in 2018.
The process to apply for Aadhaar Card remains the same but for the convenience of residents of India UIDAI has opened Aadhaar Enrolment Centers in Post Office and Bank Branches. So that any resident of India can walk in to nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Center and get himself or herself and their family members enrolled for Aadhaar Card.
Below is the complete tutorial which you can follow before going to enroll for Aadhaar Card, so that you can get familiar with the process on how to apply for Aadhaar Card in 2018.
Process on How to Apply for Aadhaar Card in 2018
If you want to apply for Aadhaar Card you will have to make sure you have valid supported documents with you to be able to apply for Aadhaar Card. Below are the list of supported documents which you will have to produce while enrolling for Aadhaar Card.
Supported Proof of Identity (PoI) documents:
Passport, PAN Card, Ration / PDS Photo Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, NREGS Job Card, Photo ID Issues by Recognized Educational Institution, Arms License, Photo Bank ATM Card, Photo Credit Card, Pensioner Photo Card, Freedom Fighter Photo Card, Kissan Photo Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Photo Card, Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts, Certificate of Identity having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT, Affidavit executed on non-judicial stamp paper to be submitted by a woman applicant for name change after marriage (Join affidavit to be submitted along with her husband with joint photo), Marriage Certificate, Proof of Marriage document issued by the registrar, gazette notification, legal name change certificate.
Supported Proof of date of birth documents:
Birth Certificate, SSLC Book/ Certificate, Passport, Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Office on letterhead.
Supported Proof of Address (PoA) documents:
Passport, Bank Statement/ Passbook, Ration Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months), Water Bill (not older than 3 months), Telephone Landline bill (not older than 3 months), Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months), Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months), Insurance Policy, Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead, Signed letter having photo issued by registered company on letterhead, signed letter having photo issued by recognized educational instruction on letterhead, NREGS Job Card, Arms License, Pensioner Card, Freedom Fighter Card, Kissan Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Card, Certificate of address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Certificate of address issued by village panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas), Income Tax Assessment Order, Vehicle Registration Certificate, Registered Sale/ Lease/ Rent Agreement, Address card having photo issued by departments of posts, caste and domicile certificate having photo issued by state govt., disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/ Administrations, Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months), Passport Spouse, Passport of Parents (in case of minor).
- Make the above documents ready, take photocopy of the documents and self-attest on those copies.
- Next you will have to fill up Aadhaar Enrolment Form, you can get Aadhaar Enrolment Form Free of cost from Aadhaar Kendra or you can even download online and take printout of it by clicking here.
- Just fill up each and every details asked in the form, and don’t forget to mention your email id and mobile number as it is very important.
- Visit Aadhaar Kendra with form and documents.
- If you are unaware about nearest Aadhaar Kendra in your location you can find it out by clicking here.
- Walk in to the Aadhaar Kendra and submit your documents and form to them.
- Your documents will be verified and you will be asked to have a seat for enrollment.
- All your details will be stored in the software and your biometric details like one photograph, both hands fingerprints and both eyes iris will be captured.
- Next you will be given Aadhaar Enrolment Receipt which you will have to keep safely with you, as it will be only record with you that you have enrolled yourself for Aadhaar Card.
That’s it this is how you can easily enroll yourself for Aadhaar Card in 2018.