As we said earlier any resident of India can apply for Aadhaar Card whether he may be major or minor, each and every resident has equal rights to apply for Aadhaar Card. Aadhaar Card is now asked to furnish by Students for School Admissions, College Admissions, to appear for exams, to avail scholarship and for various purpose.
Without an Aadhaar Card a School going or College going students cannot survive as it is asked to be produced for each and every task, so it better to apply for Aadhaar Card as soon as possible by students. So today in this article we will guide you throughout the process on how students can apply for Aadhaar Card.
First of all if you are having classes and want to go to apply for Aadhaar Card then you will have to take permission from school or college principal or teacher to issue you a leave or break to apply for Aadhaar Card, you can get the format to write letter to school principal for Aadhar Card or letter to school teacher for Aadhar Card by clicking here.
If you have holiday on that specified day on which day you will apply for Aadhaar Card, than well in good. So you can skip the step of writing the letter to your principal.
The process of applying for Aadhaar Card by Student is same as an individual, but there will be changes in documents as the students can’t fulfill each and every document. So below is the complete process to follow on how students can apply for Aadhaar Card.
Steps on How Students Can Apply for Aadhaar Card
- To Apply for Aadhaar Card, search nearby Aadhaar Card Enrollment Center by clicking here.
- If you are having Aadhaar Card Enrollment Center in your College or School, you can even visit that Center to apply for Aadhaar Card.
- You can get Aadhaar Card Application Form for School or College Students from the Aadhaar Enrollment Center or you can even download it by clicking here.
- If you have downloaded the Aadhaar Enrolment Application Form for Students Online than just take a printout.
- Just start filling up the Aadhaar Card Application Form with correct details in Block Letters.
- You will have you mention your mother, father, or guardian Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrolment Number which ever details you written in the application form.
- Once you have filled the form completely just sign off the form in Applicants Signature Space.
- Than you will have to arrange your documents, below are the supported documents which you will have to furnish to apply for Aadhaar Card.
Supported Proof of Identity (PoI) documents:
Passport, PAN Card, Ration / PDS Photo Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, NREGS Job Card, Photo ID Issues by Recognized Educational Institution, Arms License, Photo Bank ATM Card, Photo Credit Card, Pensioner Photo Card, Freedom Fighter Photo Card, Kissan Photo Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Photo Card, Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts, Certificate of Identity having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT, Affidavit executed on non-judicial stamp paper to be submitted by a woman applicant for name change after marriage (Join affidavit to be submitted along with her husband with joint photo), Marriage Certificate, Proof of Marriage document issued by the registrar, gazette notification, legal name change certificate.
Supported Proof of date of birth documents:
Birth Certificate, SSLC Book/ Certificate, Passport, Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Office on letterhead.
Supported Proof of Address (PoA) documents:
Passport, Bank Statement/ Passbook, Ration Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months), Water Bill (not older than 3 months), Telephone Landline bill (not older than 3 months), Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months), Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months), Insurance Policy, Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead, Signed letter having photo issued by registered company on letterhead, signed letter having photo issued by recognized educational instruction on letterhead, NREGS Job Card, Arms License, Pensioner Card, Freedom Fighter Card, Kissan Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Card, Certificate of address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Certificate of address issued by village panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas), Income Tax Assessment Order, Vehicle Registration Certificate, Registered Sale/ Lease/ Rent Agreement, Address card having photo issued by departments of posts, caste and domicile certificate having photo issued by state govt., disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/ Administrations, Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months), Passport Spouse, Passport of Parents (in case of minor).
- Once you have the above documents ready, just take a photocopies of each documents and self-attest it with your signature on the photocopies.
- Also take photocopy of your fathers, mothers or guardians Aadhaar Card or Aadhaar Enrollment Copy whomever details you have mentioned in the form.
- Take your father, or mother or guardian along with you to the Aadhaar Card Enrolment Center with the Form, photocopies of documents as well as the original documents as it may be asked by verifier to verify it.
- The Aadhaar Enrolment Operator will feed in your details in the software, make sure you are checking the spellings and if the operator is making mistakes ask him to correct it or ask your parents to check it.
- Your biometric details will be captured like fingerprints, iris and photograph.
- Once this is done if needed depending on your documents provided, the operator may ask your Father, Mother or Guardian thumb impression, whomever details you have mentioned in the form.
- Once this is done, you will be issued Aadhaar Enrollment Copy on which your Aadhaar Enrollment Number will be mentioned.
- Now you can leave the premises of Aadhaar Enrollment Center as you have been successfully enrolled for Aadhaar.
- You will be issued Aadhaar Number in next 1 to 3 weeks, and once your Aadhaar Number gets issued your Aadhaar Hard Copy will be delivered to your Address in next 2 to 3 months.
That’s is this is how easily Students Can Apply for Aadhaar Card.