Enrolling for Aadhaar Card has been made easy for Senior Citizens. Senior Citizens can now walk-in to nearest Aadhaar Card Kendra and get enrolled for Aadhaar Card on priority. In Aadhaar Card Kendra there will be special queue for Senior Citizens, where Senior Citizens can get their self-enrolled on priority basis for Aadhaar Card.
Below is the step by step process which guides you on How Senior Citizens can apply for Aadhaar Card.
Step by Step Process on How Senior Citizens can apply for Aadhaar Card
- To submit application for Aadhaar Enrollment you will have to walk in to nearest Aadhaar Card Kendra, to find the nearest Aadhaar Card Center click here.
- Once you know the nearest Aadhaar Center you can walk in to that Aadhaar Card Kendra with duly filled Aadhaar Enrollment Form, you can download the form right now by clicking here.
- Just take print out of this form and fill it carefully, read the instructions before filling up the enrollment form.
- Aadhaar Enrollment Form are also available at Aadhaar Card Center, but to save time at Aadhaar Card Kendra and get yourself enrolled faster it is good to take printout of Aadhaar Card Form and fill it at home.
- Once filling up the form you will have to enclose supported documents photocopies also you will need to take originals of the supported documents for verification purpose. Below is the list of supported documents to enroll for Aadhaar Card.
Supported Proof of Identity (PoI) documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections:
Passport, PAN Card, Ration / PDS Photo Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, NREGS Job Card, Photo ID Issues by Recognized Educational Institution, Arms License, Photo Bank ATM Card, Photo Credit Card, Pensioner Photo Card, Freedom Fighter Photo Card, Kissan Photo Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Photo Card, Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts, Certificate of Identity having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT, Affidavit executed on non-judicial stamp paper to be submitted by a woman applicant for name change after marriage (Join affidavit to be submitted along with her husband with joint photo), Marriage Certificate, Proof of Marriage document issued by the registrar, gazette notification, legal name change certificate.
Supported Proof of date of birth documents:
Birth Certificate, SSLC Book/ Certificate, Passport, Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Office on letterhead.
Supported Proof of Address (PoA) documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections:
Passport, Bank Statement/ Passbook, Ration Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months), Water Bill (not older than 3 months), Telephone Landline bill (not older than 3 months), Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months), Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months), Insurance Policy, Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead, Signed letter having photo issued by registered company on letterhead, signed letter having photo issued by recognized educational instruction on letterhead, NREGS Job Card, Arms License, Pensioner Card, Freedom Fighter Card, Kissan Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Card, Certificate of address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Certificate of address issued by village panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas), Income Tax Assessment Order, Vehicle Registration Certificate, Registered Sale/ Lease/ Rent Agreement, Address card having photo issued by departments of posts, caste and domicile certificate having photo issued by state govt., disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/ Administrations, Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months), Passport Spouse, Passport of Parents (in case of minor).
- Once you are ready with the form and documents, just walk in to the nearest Aadhaar Card Kendra and stand in Senior Citizens queue. Usually there is will be very less people standing in that queue so there are chances of getting yourself enrolled for Aadhaar Card quickly.
- Just handover the Aadhaar Card Form with Photocopies of supported documents to the Aadhaar Enrollment Operator. The Operator will ask you to sit on the chair and start the process of your Aadhaar Enrollment.
- First of all the operator will fill up the details in the software which you have provided in the form, you need to just review the details by checking the screen placed on your side. If the operator makes any mistake or error while entering your details you should inform him or her straightaway same time.
- Once feeding up your demographic details, the operator will capture your photograph, both hands four fingers, both hands thumbs and your iris. The operator will again ask you to carefully review your details, if everything is correct you can ask him to proceed and if anything wrong is there you will have to notify him.
- Next you will be handed over with an Aadhaar Card Resident Copy or Acknowledgement Copy, it is a proof that you have enrolled for Aadhaar Card and with that you can also track the status of your Aadhaar Application Request. You can now leave the Aadhaar Card Kendra Premises as you have successfully completed the Aadhaar Enrollment.
- Your Aadhaar Card Copy will be delivered to your postal Address in 90 to 180 days, also once your Aadhaar Number is generated you will be informed through SMS on your registered mobile number. Once your Aadhaar Number is generated you can even download your Aadhaar Card Digital Copy Online to know how to download your e-Aadhaar Card Online just click here.
That’s it this is how now Senior Citizens can easily apply for Aadhaar Card without any hassles or inconvenience. Hope you are now familiar How Senior Citizens can apply for Aadhaar Card.