Residents working outside India are worried about their mobile connection in India as it would go deactivated if Aadhaar is not linked. As per Government of India directive all mobiles users are required to link and verify their mobile with Aadhaar Number, those who fail to link it by deadline date would get their connections deactivated whether it may be any operator connection like Airtel, Aircel, Idea, Tata Docomo, Vodafone, Telenor/ Uninor, T24, BSNL, MTNL, MTS, Reliance, or Reliance Jio.
So how residents or NRI working outside India can link their Aadhaar Number with Mobile without visiting India we would be going to discuss in this post.
The only available and first launched option to link Aadhaar with Mobile Number was by visiting the retailer store or Telco’s store. If the customer have to link their Aadhaar with Mobile Number, they would have to visit the store with their Aadhaar and mobile number, and once providing these details to the store person.
He used to enter those details in the software and you would receive OTP on your mobile number, that otp you used to provide to the store person and then the store person used to take your fingerprint to verify your Aadhaar.
And once the fingerprints would get matched with the Aadhaar Database, Aadhaar would get successfully linked to your Mobile Number.
For this method the mobile connection holder used to be physically present with Aadhaar to get Aadhaar linked as their fingerprints used to be mandatory to link Aadhaar.
This method would not be suitable to all people, as there are people who are working outside India and it is not possible suddenly for them to visit India especially to link their Aadhaar Number with their mobile. But if they don’t visit also, they would get their connection deactivated.
So to sort out all these issues, two new methods to link Aadhaar are been launched by DoT and they are App based and IVRS based method to link Aadhaar with Mobile Number.
In these both methods, there is no need to visit any store or be physically present at store for fingerprint. The mobile subscriber can link their Aadhaar to mobile from their home or from outside India.
Below are the both methods briefly explained on How Residents Working outside India Can Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number?
Table of Contents
Steps on How Residents Working Outside India Can Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number via App
- To link Aadhaar with Mobile Number, the subscriber will have to install respective operator or telecom app from app store.
- Once it is installed from home screen find link Aadhaar.
- Enter your 10 digit mobile number and proceed.
- On next screen enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number and tap on proceed.
- Again on next screen to confirm you will have to re-enter the Aadhaar Number and submit button.
- You will receive OTP on your Aadhaar registered Mobile Number, enter the OTP Code and click on submit.
- That’s it you have successfully linked your Aadhaar Number with your mobile number.
Steps on How Residents Working Outside India Can Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number via IVRS
To link Aadhaar via IVRS you will have to dial the IVRS Number depending on your operator, below are the guides depending on operator which you can refer to link Aadhaar with Mobile Number via IVRS.
- How to Link Aadhaar with Airtel through IVRS
- How to Link Aadhaar with Aircel through IVRS
- How to Link Aadhaar with Idea through IVRS
- How to Link Aadhaar with Tata Docomo through IVRS
- How to Link Aadhaar with Vodafone through IVRS
- How to Link Aadhaar with BSNL through IVRS
- How to Link Aadhaar with MTNL through IVRS
- How to Link Aadhaar with Telenor through IVRS
- How to Link Aadhaar with MTS through IVRS
- How to Link Aadhaar with Jio through IVRS
That’s it this is How Residents Working Outside India Can Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number without visiting India.