Aadhaar is a 12 digit Number which is issued to residents by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). UIDAI captures resident’s demographic and biometric data, and issues them Unique 12 digit Number. This Unique 12 digit Aadhaar Number is now very mandatory if you want to open bank account, apply for PAN Card, apply for Password, to file ITR, to get LPG subsidy, to apply for Government Schemes, to get new mobile connection etc.
Having an Aadhaar Card is not sufficient but it should correct in all terms like all your demographic details like name, address, date of birth, etc. should be valid and correct. And in case if your details mentioned in your Aadhaar Card are not correct than there is no use of holding an Aadhaar Card as it will be not be considered as valid document with valid details.
So incase if you have any details in your Aadhaar Card which is not correct or if there are mistakes than you can correct it on your on your own by using Aadhar Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).
UIDAI has developed an Online Service on its Official UIDAI Portal through which you can update your demographic details like Name, Address, Pincode, Date of Birth, Gender, Mobile Number, Email ID, Relationship Status etc. So through Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) you can correct almost all details in your Aadhaar Card excluding Biometric Details like Iris, Facial Photograph, and Fingerprints.
To make corrections in your Aadhaar Card your mobile number should be registered with Aadhaar Card, and only if your mobile number is registered with Aadhaar you will be able to make changes on your Aadhaar Card Online. Also another need is your Aadhaar Number AKA UID Number, if you don’t know your Aadhaar Number you can find it out by clicking here.
Below we have explained the complete procedure on how to update or correct Aadhaar Details using Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).
Update/ Correct Aadhaar Details using Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal (SSUP)
- To correct or update your demographic details in Aadhaar Card just visit UIDAI Aadhar Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) //ssup.uidai.gov.in/update
- Once you reach on Aadhar Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) fill in the details which are asked to enter like your 12 digit Aadhaar Number than solve the text verification and click on send otp.
- You will instantly receive one time password on your registered mobile number, just enter he receive otp code in enter otp field and click on login button.
- You will be logged in to update you Aadhaar Card Details via Aadhar Self Service Update Portal (SSUP), now on the next screen you will have to select the fields that is data which you want to update from Name, Gender, DOB, Address, Mobile Number and Email Id.
- Select which ever details which you want to update from the list and click on submit button.
- On next page you will have to feed in correct details which you want to update in your Aadhaar Card.
- Once entering all the details correctly just make sure your details are correctly translated in your regional language too and click on submit update request.
- On next page for final time it will ask you to review the submitted details, just check if every details are entered correctly and accept the instructions and click on proceed button.
- Take Scanned Copy of your Proof of Address, Proof of Identity and Proof of DOB, make sure you have self-attested on these documents and just save it in .jpg, .pdf, .tiff, .jpeg, or .png, formats but maximum size of the document should not exceed 2 MB.
- On next page you will have to upload these documents and click on submit button.
- On next screen just select best BPO Service Provider from the list which are effective and click on submit button.
- On next page you will be issued Update Request Number (URN), which you will need for further tracking purpose. You can store the URN File or take print out as per your convenience.
- That’s it you have successfully submitted update request through Aadhar Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).
- Your Aadhaar Details will be updated once verified by UIDAI in next 2 to 3 months.