Need to update your Aadhaar Card might occur on various occasions like after marriage, after shifting your home to new address, after moving to different city or state, after getting new mobile number, etc.
So today in this article I will introduce you to all 3 methods to update your Aadhaar Card in 2019, and they are as follows:
All these 3 methods are unique on its own way, and can be used as per your need and convenience. So below we have explained how to update your Aadhaar Card in 2019 through all these 3 methods.
Process to Update Aadhaar Online
UIDAI allows residents to update their Aadhaar Details Online by accessing official UIDAI Portal. The only limitation for updating your Aadhaar Details Online is you can only update your Address and nothing else.
So if your address has been recently changed than you can get it updated online by this method, but to update or modify your Address in Aadhaar Card Online you should have mobile number registered with your Aadhaar Card. Below is the complete process which will explain you in brief to update your Aadhaar Card in 2019.
- To update your Aadhaar Online just visit Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal by clicking here.
- Enter in your 12 digit UID/ Aadhaar Number, solve the captcha and click on send otp.
- You will receive one time password that is OTP on your registered mobile number (If your mobile number is not registered with your Aadhaar than you cannot proceed further to update your Aadhaar Online, so you will have to visit nearest Update Centre to update your Aadhaar)
- Enter the received one time password in enter received otp field and click on login button.
- From next screen just tick mark on address field and click on submit button.
- On next page enter the address which you want to update and click on submit button.
- On next screen you will have to review the details which you have entered.
- Once you have confirmed the details just click on proceed button.
- It will ask you to upload self-attested copy of PoA documents which are required to update your new Address in Aadhaar Card, you can refer to list of documents by clicking here.
- The document which you are uploading should be self-attested in .jpg, .pdf, .tiff, .jpeg, or .png, formats but maximum size of the document should not exceed 2 MB.
- On next page select the effective BPO and click on submit button.
- On next screen URN that Is Update Request Number will be displayed, you can even print the Acknowledgement of Aadhaar Update request receipt.
- You can use this URN to check status of your Aadhaar Update in Future.
- You will be notified via SMS on your registered mobile number about successful update of your Aadhaar, and Updated Aadhaar Copy would also be delivered to your home through post.
Process to Update Aadhaar through Post
- Through Post Method you can only update your Address of your Aadhaar Card.
- To update your Aadhaar details through post just download and print the form by clicking here.
- Once you have printout of the AADHAAR ADDRESS UPDATE/CORRECTION FORM, just fill out the form correctly.
- Just enclose self-attested photocopies of PoA documents which are required to update your new Address in Aadhaar Card, you can refer to list of documents by clicking here.
- Once you are done just fold the form with documents and place it into an envelope.
- And post it to below address:
Post Box No.99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
- Once your form gets delivered your Aadhaar Update request will be processed in next 2 to 3 weeks.
- Aadhaar with new details would be delivered to your address through post.
Process to Update Aadhaar through Enrolment Center
- By visiting Aadhaar Enrolment Center you can almost correct or update every details of your Aadhaar Card like Name, Address, Date of Birth, Age, Gender, Mobile Number, Email id, relationship details, photograph, iris and fingerprints.
- To update your Aadhaar Card you will have to visit nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Center in your location which you can find by clicking here.
- You can get Aadhaar Update Form from the center or else you can be prepared at home only by downloading the form from here.
- Fill out the form completely with correct details which you want to update and enclose sel-attested supported documents and copy of your existing Aadhaar Card. You can find out the list of supported documents by clicking here.
- Walk in to Aadhaar Enrolment Center with Form and documents.
- Handover the form with photocopies of documents to the operator.
- Your form and documents will be verified and you will be asked to have a seat.
- The operator will enter the information which needs to be corrected or updated.
- All necessary information will be captured and you will be handed over with Aadhaar Update Receipt.
- You will have to keep that Update Receipt safe with you until your new details gets updated in your Aadhaar and until you receive new Aadhaar Card.
- That’s it, this is how easily once can update their Aadhaar Card.